Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th March 2022
with Ana Barretxeguren
Hybrid: Join online or train in person in central Brighton, UK.
Recordings will be made available to watch online afterwards for three months.
(9am - 5.30pm BST both days)
Breath - thorax, throat and diaphragmatic alignment
Explore the fascial anatomy of the thorax following the blueprint of the unfolding embryo.
What we will explore in this workshop:
- Myofascial and visceral relationships of breath - thorax cave
- Introduction to fascia, nomenclature, components, function
- The pulse of breath and the autonomic nervous system
- The heart and thoracic diaphragm, a starting point to unraveling connections from the inside out
- Embryonic unfolding, discovering the embryo still motile in our deep core
- Self-release, embodiment and movement techniques to enhance mobility, support and organisation of thorax and neck
This workshop counts as one module within the Moving Fascia® Anatomy Diploma.
The Moving Fascia® Anatomy Diploma is a modular course designed to deepen your understanding of movement anatomy from a fascial perspective. Modules can be taken individually or together to complete the full diploma.
Required for the workshop:
1 x Moving Fascia® SOFT ball - Diameter 15cm each
2 x Moving Fascia® SOFT balls - Diameter 9.5cm each
You will be offered the option to purchase this bundle after the checkout.
This course is for Pilates, yoga and movement teachers from other disciplines, manual therapists and health care practitioners. Having studied anatomy to a basic level is a requirement for this course.